A question about a recipe: Sauteed Broccolini with Royal Trumpet Mushrooms and Pancetta in a Sherry Vinegar Reduction

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Sauteed Broccolini with Royal Trumpet Mushrooms and Pancetta in a Sherry Vinegar Reduction" from Mariya. It says:

"Pour sherry vinegar into a sauce pan and very slowly reduce, until it decreases to 1/2 cup (approximately 25 min)."

asked by taiairam about 7 years ago

Chef Krull

So what’s your question? Simmer vinegar to a half cup and reserve for dressing.

Mariya

Hi Taiairam, as Chef Krull mentions above...simply simmer the vinegar until some of it dissolves and you're left with 1/2 cup. Hope this answers your question.

taiairam

I wanted to know if boiling the vinegar changes the chemistry of it...also, I did reduce it but it didn't get syrupy. I buy a balsamic glaze that I'd like to make at home - do they add sugar to get it syrupy?