🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sauteed Broccolini with Royal Trumpet Mushrooms and Pancetta in a Sherry Vinegar Reduction

4aca3c66 cc0d 11e5 9d2c 3c15c2d2bb38  52 full

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Sauteed Broccolini with Royal Trumpet Mushrooms and Pancetta in a Sherry Vinegar Reduction" from Mariya. It says:

"Pour sherry vinegar into a sauce pan and very slowly reduce, until it decreases to 1/2 cup (approximately 25 min)."

asked by taiairam over 6 years ago

8c848bd6 b952 44c4 93c3 bc8465a6fd74  phone 176

So what’s your question? Simmer vinegar to a half cup and reserve for dressing.

10a4292b 6764 4801 907c 52bc6b365ed2  emerils dessert

Hi Taiairam, as Chef Krull mentions above...simply simmer the vinegar until some of it dissolves and you're left with 1/2 cup. Hope this answers your question.

I wanted to know if boiling the vinegar changes the chemistry of it...also, I did reduce it but it didn't get syrupy. I buy a balsamic glaze that I'd like to make at home - do they add sugar to get it syrupy?