A question about a recipe: Cardamom Doughnuts

44bf616f e9d5 434b b9a1 0fef1cfbbba8  2016 0920 cardamom doughnuts recipe bobbi lin 6016

Thank you for posting this! I had the delicious olive oil doughnut with coriander and apricot at Bluebird, and was told it was finished with orange blossom water. If I wanted to do the same with this Cardamom recipe, how would you suggest this be done (and still have the pistachios)?

asked by brooklynite about 7 years ago

Do you mean the orange blossom water part? Or do you mean also the olive oil, coriander and apricot?

brooklynite

sorry I was unclear! How would I finish it with orange blossom water?

Thanks.

No worries! I'd add a few drops to the melted butter before brushing the doughnuts with it. Add 1/8 teaspoon orange flower water, then taste it and add more if desired.

I often enhance the "nose" of baked goods like biscuits and scones by simply adding the flavoring agent to butter that is brushed on, either before or immediately after baking (depending on the stability and baking properties of the ingredient). In this case, I'd probably add the orange water to the butter that's brushed on before dipping in sugar. Or, you might be able to scent the dusting sugar with it. (I don't know for sure, though, as I've never tried that. It seems like it would be worth a try.) ;o)