🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Crème Fraîche and Herbs

0b2ff334 5970 40d0 8fed ad4fc985cbf0  2017 1025 mashed sweet potatoes creme fraiche herbs rocky luten 057

I have a question about the recipe "Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Crème Fraîche and Herbs" from merrill.

What is the thought behind boiling the sweet potatoes in milk? Any downside to plain h2o?

asked by Chicago Mike over 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I think that cooking the sweet potato in milk just adds another layer of creaminess and normally when you make mashed potato either sweet or otherwise you add heated milk or crean. I make mashed sweet potato with either sour cream or creme fraiche frequently and I don't boil the potato I bake them wrapped in aluminum foil until they are very soft, then I mash with the butter, creme fraiche etc....Any way you do it its a wonderful creamy treat. I love the recipe Merrill posted it sounds yummy!