What to do with lemon curd.

I have this jar of lemon curd. It's been looking at me for like two years. Someone make it stop by telling me what to do with it.

asked by Allingwelsh about 7 years ago

stack

There are so many things...my fave is to serve with pancakes -- ricotta pancakes if at all possible.

Make muffin batter and fill the cups. Pour your lemon curd into a pastry bag fitted with a medium tip; alternatively, pour it into a plastic bag (ziplock or otherwise), snip off a corner - seriously, this really works - and center the bag over each muffin. Squeeze a generous dollop of curd into each muffin. They'll bake up around it, and each one will have a lovely lemon filling.

Juliette

Try a strawberry shortcake with macerated strawberries on homemade biscuits topped with whipped cream into which you stir an equal amount of lemon curd. Heavenly.

beyondcelery

Spread it on homemade oatcakes and nibble along with a morning cup of Assam tea. It's one of the most delicious breakfasts!

CookOnTheFly

Spread it on a blueberry scone and enjoy it with a cup of Irish Breakfast Tea!

sarah k.

You could make a sandwich cookie type thing with a couple of meringues and lemon curd in the middle. They wouldn't keep very long, and might give you a sugar headache...

Or use it to fill a lemon cake, or make pound cake toast with curd spread on top.

But really, I just agree with the others to put it on a scone or biscuit and enjoy it with tea.

Ophelia

First check the expiration (or if it's home canned and it's been around for two years I might be hesitant to eat it).
That said, lemon curd is delicious on gingerbread waffles, layered into lemon chiffon cake, or folded into an equal amount of whipped cream and used as a filling for a tart. Or on vanilla ice cream, or mixed into plain yoghurt.