🔕 🔔

Is there a way to save phyllo dough after it has been defrosted and out on the counter for a while?

Making dinner last night, I used about 1/2 of a roll of phyllo dough but left all the sheets on the kitchen counter while I prepared the dish. Is there a way to rescue those thawed, kind of dried out sheets?

asked by rlouisecull about 6 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

There is no real way to rescue or rehydrated them, I bake the broken pieces on a parchment sheet, until they are golden. I then use the toasty brittle pieces as breadcrumbs with a crackly texture or in my crumb toppings for desserts.

That's honestly my favorite use for phyllo.