chicken broth from a carton. if i have some left over, how long is it still good in the refrigerator?

i have made broth cubes for the freezer before-works great, but this time i got so busy i didn't get them made. i never know beyond 2 days if i should still use it. what's the concensus?

asked by mcd2 over 7 years ago

You're good for 7 days after you open it. Been there, too.

AmyRuth

Agree with boulangere but I think there is usually a rec on the box if I remember right

nutcakes

Still Tasty says 4-5 days

I think I found this site from a poster here:
http://www.stilltasty.com/

RobertaJ

The boxes I usually use (Swanson's low sodium and Trader Joe's) say use within 14 days after opening for both the chicken and beef broths, so I'd say a week at least.

LucyS

I put it into ice cube trays, freeze, and then put in a big plastic bag in the freezer if you want to keep it for longer!