🔕 🔔

Can I bake hashbrowns in the oven instead of frying on the stove?

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

I usually finish my hash browns in the oven. In an oven-rpoof skillet, saute some onions in a little bacon fat, add shredded potatoes, some chopped thyme, salt and pepper, and after it gets browned on the bottom, turn it and finish in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Here is a recipe for oven baked hashbrowns http://www.bonappetit.com... The secret to great hash browns is squeezing out the water from the potatoes after they are grated and before cooking. I use a cotton kitchen towel, placing the hashbrowns in the middle, rolling them in the towel and wringing them dry.