🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki

823c5ac6 846d 4e7c a039 62ecca3bfe83  2017 0425 world s easiest falafel bobbi lin 23796

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki" from marisab67. It says:

"Drain chickpeas and let air dry for 2 hours, or more."

Have you ever used canned chick peas instead? Curious to know if it would work when I haven't planned ahead well enough (to soak beans the night before). Thanks!

asked by AWC over 6 years ago

Unfortunately, no. Most recipes for falafel use canned beans which is probably why people go back to a mix. Canned beans have no body when pureed and the patties will just be mushy. Perfect for hummus though!

AWC

Thanks so much, marisab67. Great recipe by the way! I made it tonight (using soaked beans), and dinner was a hit.

C791f89d 3835 4555 9d29 acfa2b175b1b  self portrait medium

Well that explains that! I used canned, and got mushy patties. Next time, I'll read the comments.