🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Shrimp and Chorizo Sandwich

28f4bec4 8a62 4daf a16a 9721c66caf15  9877 shrimp and chorizo sandwich

I have a question about the recipe "Shrimp and Chorizo Sandwich" from amanda.
Is dry Chorizo different than reg chorizo?And if so where do you buy?Thanks-Carnoroliman42

asked by bigmike1 over 6 years ago

I believe the dry chorizo would look more like pepperoni where as the regular chorizo would be more like sausage. So yep they are different. I would imagine cooked regular chorizo would be quite tasty in the sandwich as well.

The chorizo used in this recipe is the cured, Spanish chorizo. The other style of chorizo is the Mexican, which is fresh, uncooked, and in casings. (links) The flavors are quite different, but both can be quite wonderful.