🔕 🔔

Anyone know why the 30 peppers I just roasted have a metallic taste? And how I can get rid of it or mask it?

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

asked about 7 years ago

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

Could the taste have come from the baking pan, or the bowl you left them in to rest? As for masking the taste, would a soak in some seasoned olive oil and refrigeration work?

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

Kitchen Butterfly, interesting theory. I roasted them directly over the gas burners... resting on the cast-iron grates. I wonder if somehow some of the metal passes to the pepper? Hard to imagine.

Next time hold them with tongs or use the metal net of a deep fryer and hold it over the gas grill. Don't burn yourself. Alternatively, use tin foil or a pan. Grill them outside?