Anyone know why the 30 peppers I just roasted have a metallic taste? And how I can get rid of it or mask it?

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

asked about 8 years ago

Kitchen Butterfly

Could the taste have come from the baking pan, or the bowl you left them in to rest? As for masking the taste, would a soak in some seasoned olive oil and refrigeration work?

Peter
Peter

Kitchen Butterfly, interesting theory. I roasted them directly over the gas burners... resting on the cast-iron grates. I wonder if somehow some of the metal passes to the pepper? Hard to imagine.

mr.ikslopot

Next time hold them with tongs or use the metal net of a deep fryer and hold it over the gas grill. Don't burn yourself. Alternatively, use tin foil or a pan. Grill them outside?