🔕 🔔

Ques about a recipe: Shrimp Burgers w Roasted Garlic-Orange Aioli. Do Brooklyn-based Food52ers have a trusted fish monger to recommend?

1ecc13ff 39c3 449d ae62 053794dabff9  053111f 284

I have a question about the recipe "Shrimp Burgers with Roasted Garlic-Orange Aioli" from EmilyC. In the slideshow for this recipe, we see Amanda with the shrimp and the caption mentions having a trusted fishmonger peel and devein the shrimp for you. I live in Brooklyn. I'm wondering: do Brooklyn-based Food52ers have a trusted fish monger to recommend?

asked by bk_novice over 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I don't know where in Brooklyn you live but for years I have used fish tales on Court St in Cobble Hill. Fish is always fresh, service is great. Also at Fairway in Red Hook they have some pretty good seafood.

Dcca139f 78d5 41a3 b57b 6d6c96424a1c  img 7818

Just thought I'd add that when I made the burgers, I bought my shrimp already peeled and deveined from my local Whole Foods (in Virginia). You may have to pay a dollar or two more per pound, but what a time saver. And another option is good-quality frozen shrimp which are often peeled and deveined already. On the label, make sure they're uncooked as opposed to pre-cooked. I'd just do a quick thaw under cold running water before using them. That said, a trusted fish monger is hard to beat and I hope you find one!

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes, Fish Tales!

What about Red Hook Lobster place, do they do more than lobsters?