A question about a recipe: Gold Nugget Bread

8fab2c8c 6c52 4606 87d7 08fe06199a06  img 3774

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Gold Nugget Bread" from boulangere. It says:

"Turn dough out of bowl. Oil bowl. Return dough and turn it over bottom to top. Cover with that retained piece of plastic. Let dough rise at room temperature until you can gently press a finger into it, and the dough does not spring back, but retains the indentation." I know that rise times will vary but can you give me a rough estimate of how long this step should take (30 minutes, or three hours)?

asked by LiveToEat1960 over 7 years ago

Oh, so glad you're playing with yeast! Anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how warm it is where you are. Please let us know how it turns out for you!

I have a question also, recycling this question. Can I use instant yeast? Was going to do a yeast bread this weekend and this is one I have to try.

LiveToEat1960

Thanks boulangere! I am looking forward to giving it a try and will definitely let you know how it turns out and also if I need any additonal clarification or instruction.

Absolutely, sd. Use half as much as the recipe calls for. Have fun with it!

So if you use instant rule of thumb is cut the amount in half, very good to know. Thank you!

Exactly.

LTE, how did your bread turn out?

LiveToEat1960

I'm making it today, so will report in later. I'm excited!

Holding my breath . . .

LiveToEat1960

Oops, I posted my results on the recipe page instead of this thread!