question about a recipe: Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies may i hand mix if i don't have a mixer?

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies" from merrill. It says:

"In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl once. Add the flour and spices in three additions, beating until just combined and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Do not overbeat!"

• Posted by: kaji
  • June 26, 2011

Amanda Hesser June 26, 2011

Absolutely. Just be sure to use room temperature butter, which will make creaming the butter and sugar much easier.

kaji
kaji June 26, 2011

aloha amanda! mahalo for such a speedy answer! i will be trying amost of the 12 best cookie receipes...yum! thanks, again....kaji

Amanda Hesser June 26, 2011

You're welcome!