🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mung Bean and Butternut Squash Stew

4f63eee5 8093 4e03 a583 fc64ec293d59  040111f mung 02

Can I use whole green mung beans in this stew, and if so, do I need to cook them ahead so that they are more like the "split and hulled" version the recipe calls for? Thanks!

asked by janecf over 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I'd recommend doing a quick soak (bring a potful of water with the dried mung beans in it up to a boil, then turn off the heat and let them soak for an hour, then drain them). That should soften them enough to then follow the cook time in the recipe for the split & hulled variety.