🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mung Bean and Butternut Squash Stew

4f63eee5 8093 4e03 a583 fc64ec293d59  040111f mung 02

I have a question about the ingredient "1 cup split and hulled mung beans" on the recipe "Mung Bean and Butternut Squash Stew" from WinnieAb. Do you think I can substitute with fresh English peas?

asked by learningbycooking almost 6 years ago

Not really. The mung beans are going to give it body and make it stew like. The peas will be nice but simply add a vegetable to a soup. Maybe if you cook the peas separately and puree them first you will get something closer. I'd substitute dried split peas or lentils if you have those, instead.