Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Amped Up Adobo

Ae4c7449 e5ef 4aae 83e5 a805b7be183e  amped adobo

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Amped Up Adobo " from hardlikearmour. It says:

"Using kitchen shears remove stems from chiles, and cut down one side of each chile. Open chiles and remove seeds. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Heat the chiles until softened and just beginning to change color - turning several times to prevent burning. You will need to do this in batches. Place the toasted chiles in a medium sauce pan."

I can't wait to try this, but I wasn't sure if you toast the dried chipotle chiles along with the two fresh chiles.

asked by pamelalee over 5 years ago
E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

All of the chilis are dried in the recipe ... so that is what you are toasting in the skillet!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

thanks, aargersi. I just edited the recipe to reflect that all of the chiles are dried. Sorry for the confusion.