A question about a recipe: Dilled, Crunchy Sweet-Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing

I have a question about the recipe "Dilled, Crunchy Sweet-Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing" from creamtea.

What can I use in place of " thin syle European yogurt" ?

Thanks so much!

creamtea July 8, 2011

You can use regular style yogurt, just stir well and maybe add a bit of water or milk to thin it out. ("European Style" is available at Trader Joe's, if you have one near you).

SaltyPaws
SaltyPaws July 8, 2011

Hi again! Thank you for your response... Coinsidently I ended up going to Trader Joes before I saw your response :))) I ended up buying their plain kefir, thinking that might work ? If not, I will use your suggestion to use regular yogurt thinned out with milk ...
Elizabeth

creamtea July 10, 2011

I think you could try the kefir. It will give a nice tang. Maybe dip a bit of cuke and taste before adding it to the main salad for a good balance of tang and salt.

SaltyPaws
SaltyPaws July 20, 2011

I used the kefir and altho it made a thin dressing, I really liked it alot! The second time I made this recipe I added a squeeze of honey to the dressing and that worked as well...

jet53
jet53 August 1, 2012

Actually, with that much buttermilk in the dressing, you could use any kind of yogurt you like, even thick Greek yogurt. I suggest you pick based on taste, and rest assured you can always thin it with a touch more buttermilk or water if need be.

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby August 2, 2012

I use the Greek yogurt with the real buttermilk all the time when I make this salad. And i make this salad A LOT! Greek yogurt is always on hand in my fridge.