🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Dilled, Crunchy Sweet-Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing

13f0cf34 dafa 4309 91a4 6a6ccfc259f4  food52 07 05 11 72

I have a question about the recipe "Dilled, Crunchy Sweet-Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing" from creamtea.

What can I use in place of " thin syle European yogurt" ?

Thanks so much!

asked by SaltyPaws about 6 years ago

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

You can use regular style yogurt, just stir well and maybe add a bit of water or milk to thin it out. ("European Style" is available at Trader Joe's, if you have one near you).

1156891d a70c 4137 ac17 8d36b0e8aaba  fb avatar

Hi again! Thank you for your response... Coinsidently I ended up going to Trader Joes before I saw your response :))) I ended up buying their plain kefir, thinking that might work ? If not, I will use your suggestion to use regular yogurt thinned out with milk ...
Elizabeth

I think you could try the kefir. It will give a nice tang. Maybe dip a bit of cuke and taste before adding it to the main salad for a good balance of tang and salt.

I used the kefir and altho it made a thin dressing, I really liked it alot! The second time I made this recipe I added a squeeze of honey to the dressing and that worked as well...

Actually, with that much buttermilk in the dressing, you could use any kind of yogurt you like, even thick Greek yogurt. I suggest you pick based on taste, and rest assured you can always thin it with a touch more buttermilk or water if need be.

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

I use the Greek yogurt with the real buttermilk all the time when I make this salad. And i make this salad A LOT! Greek yogurt is always on hand in my fridge.