🔕 🔔

i got some chilli almonds in a gift box and would like to know how to make them at home without the chilli powder falling off! any ideas?

asked by Abijosiah over 6 years ago

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

The few times I've made spiced nuts of some variety the key seems to be a combination of butter and a bit of sugar to create a sticky medium to hold the spice to the nuts. Take a look at this recipe to get the general idea and maybe experiment a bit from there?

(Disclaimer -- while I work for Food52 and love to cook, I work on the website so I have no special cooking experience. Cook at your own risk!)

15e23675 44ea 4ae1 80be cb0741acd112  ehanhan4

Egg whites or oil can be used to keep spices on roasted nuts. This recipe looks like a good one: http://www.food52.com/recipes... And you can adjust the sugar/spices as needed

thanks guys =)