Kobi Rabi What can I do with it?

Hi,

I've been given a fresh Kobi Rabi and was wondering how should I cook it? Is it like sauerkraut?

Thanks Ian.

asked by platini over 7 years ago

Midge

Raw kohlrabi (julienned) adds a nice crunch to salads/slaw!

MrsKeller

Not sure I understand the question. Sauerkraut is fermented cabbage.

Do you have a kohlrabi?

platini

Ah Kohlrabi? My local nursery who gave it to me spelt it like I wrote..

Lucytron

Can you describe it?

The name kohlrabi means cabbage-turn-up Here is a recipe for mock Kim Chee using kohlrabi. http://www.jeanetteshealthyliving.com/2011/07/csa-box-4-quick-kohlrabi-kim-chi-salad.html And you can use kohlrabi in slaws. Midge is right on about the great addition it is to salads. Enjoy!

I don't know if you have checked out food52 for kohlrabi recipes, and there are some great ideas. On the upper right hand of this page where it says 'search recipes', just plug in kohlrabi.

platini

http://blog.gardening-tools-direct.co.uk/2008/08/alien-on-allotment.html

Here's an image of what it looks like..

Thanks all.