🔕 🔔

Bunny Left Out - OK to Eat?

I left a partially cooked braised bunny rabbit out on the stove for 8 hours. It was browned, and covered with a mixture of chicken stock & wine, with a heavy cover. Can I continue cooking it? Or has it turned?

asked by paulkog about 6 years ago

No, No protein should be left out in the temperature danger zone between(40 degrees to 140degrees) for any extended time ( longer than an hour unless it has been cured or brined). You should not continue to cook it as it may have already vast amounts of bacteria that can not be cooked out. It may not have "turned", but I would not want to take a chance and get my self or others seriously ill.

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Food safety first. . . throw it out. Don't not let anyone second guess or suggest that you are alright!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Your heavy lid has created an incubation chamber -- warm and moist, beloved by microbes. 2nd above remarks.