What's the best/easiest way to make roasted red peppers in the oven?

I've never tried it before and the recipes online seem to vary a good bit.

Anyone have a favorite method?

Thanks!
Michelle

asked by mishale over 7 years ago

Sally

Set an oven rack 4 inches from the broiler element and turn on the broiler. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and place them on a foil lined baking sheet with the cut sides down--you can remove the seeds first or afterwards. Broil until the skins are black and blistered. Transfer them to a bowl (with tongs) while still hot and cover the bowl with a plate. Leave until cool enough to handle. Pull off the skins and scrape out the seeds (rinse your hands as you go if necessary--try not to rinse the peppers so you don't lose flavor.) The peppers will steam in the bowl and make removing the skins easier.

mishale

Thank so much! That sounds perfect :)