A question about a recipe: Paule Caillat's Brown Butter Tart Crust

6e7b76a9 2c8b 4869 b75f be6970b3d9d7  062811f 424

I don't have an oven-safe bowl. Any idea if using my 2 qt saucier would work just as well? Another option I was considering was using a pyrex casserole dish and quickly transferring to a bowl once I pulled it from the oven. Thanks!

asked by Danizmango almost 7 years ago

Yes, I think any oven-proof vessel with high sides will be just fine. This is a very forgiving dough. Let us know how it goes!

Danizmango

Thanks, Kristen. I did use the saucier and the dough came together like a dream. It was nice to have the handle on the saucier for pulling it from the oven. Easier than a bowl I imagine.