🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Paule Caillat's Brown Butter Tart Crust

6e7b76a9 2c8b 4869 b75f be6970b3d9d7  062811f 424

I don't have an oven-safe bowl. Any idea if using my 2 qt saucier would work just as well? Another option I was considering was using a pyrex casserole dish and quickly transferring to a bowl once I pulled it from the oven. Thanks!

asked by Danizmango over 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes, I think any oven-proof vessel with high sides will be just fine. This is a very forgiving dough. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, Kristen. I did use the saucier and the dough came together like a dream. It was nice to have the handle on the saucier for pulling it from the oven. Easier than a bowl I imagine.