🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Thai Inspired Flank Salad

78d40555 2dae 4bf2 87e6 675c78ea40e5  004

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Thai Inspired Flank Salad" from aargersi. It says:

"Score both sides of your steak with shallow slashes about 1" apart in both directions, on both sides, so it has a diamond pattern. Put it in a shallow dish and spoon the marinade over - work that marinade in, pressing and flipping so the slashes really soak it up. Cover and fridge for at least an hour, 2 or 3 if you have the time."

Is it ok to marinate overnight?

asked by jensteinberg about 6 years ago

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

I'm sorry no one more knowledgable has answered, but I marinate flank steak overnight all the time and it works great.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I think you'll be okay with a longer marinade, though I'd consider cutting back a half tablespoon on the fish sauce to make sure the meat doesn't get too salty.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Hi there! Just saw this - I am with HLA - I think the salt in the fish sauce would get pretty intense - you might marinate in everything else and add the fish sauce a couple hours before you are ready to grill ...