🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crema di Limoncello - Limoncello Milk Liqueur

05512241 8ff0 4909 ba26 52f83171b185  crema di limoncello

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Crema di Limoncello - Limoncello Milk Liqueur" from Maria Teresa Jorge. It says:

"Remove the vanilla pod and sieve through a fine sieve covered with gauze.
Mix the milk mixture with the lemon / alcohol mixture.
Using a funnel, fill bottles previously washed and sterilized with boiling water.
Close the bottles and put in a dark and cool place for 15 days.

"Would a "dark and cool place" be the refrigerator? My apartment is not the coolest lately.

Thanks so much for your recipes. I'd like to try this one on my friend who loves limoncello.

asked by Hope about 6 years ago

79f4102a 68d6 4bf3 9f12 85e150ad8a83  0005 copy

Hi Hope, yes, the refrigerator is OK.
In Italy we use cellars for this sort of process but an underground garage would also do. Lacking any of these options then the refrigerator will do.
I would only add a sugestion: as in the refrigerator it will be exposed to light, everytime you open it, I would rap the bottle in aluminium foil.
Hope you like you Crema di Limoncello!
Salute e a presto!

Thanks so much for your quick response, Maria Teresa! I’m going to start in on it tomorrow.