Can you think of recipes with names of people/titles in them?

I'm thinking along the lines of Shepherd's Pie or General Tao's chicken, things like that.

Barring that, recipes with puns of people's names in them - like Cobb Salad (named after its inventor - Richard Cobb).

asked by bootlegga over 7 years ago

wssmom

Bloody Mary, purportedly named after Queen Mary, older half-sister to Elizabeth I

Peach Melba, named to honor the Australian soprano, Nellie Melba

Poire Belle Helene, named after the opera la Belle Helene, by Offenbach ....

CookOnTheFly

How about Pavlova merigue? Named after the ballet dancer Anna Pavlova.

Napoleans!!

CookOnTheFly

Madelines!

CookOnTheFly

The most basic: Sandwich, after the Earl of Sandwich!

MrsKeller

Margherita Pizza

MrsKeller

Caesar salad

Sadassa_Ulna

A past pickle might help:
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

Oysters Rockefeller, a Cobb Salad.

Kitchen Butterfly

Flying Jacob, which I've had - a delicious Swedish ovenbake of chicken, ripe bananas, peanuts and bacon. The dish was invented by Ove Jacobsson who worked in the air freight industry, hence the name.

cbear1984

David Eyre!

cbear1984

Oyster Rockefeller?

seabirdskitchen

Pommes Parmentier? M. parmentier was a great promoter of the humble spud

Sarah Bernhardt cookies...Pommes Anna...Reuben sandwich (there must have been someone named Reuben involved, no?)...

Bananas Harriet, Sauce Louis

lynncline

Janssons Frestelse, a popular Swedish dish made of potatoes. The name means Janssons' Temptation....my mom used to make it every Christmas Eve!

skittle

Arnold Palmer...isn't that a tea/lemonade mixture?

lorigoldsby

bananas harriet? bananas foster

better than robert redford cake..

lynncline

Potatoes Anna, or Pommes de Anna, created at a leading Parisian restaurant in the 19th century and named after either the actress Dame Judic (real name: Anna Damiens), or Anna DesLions.

pauljoseph

like nargisi kofta or http://www.elistmania.com/juice/10_foods_named_after_people/

Apple Brown Betty...Crepes Suzette...a charlotte...Sauce Choron...Hopping John...Johnny Cakes...

Esther Plume

England has a rich history of these things, Molly cake, Sally lunn's buns, queen of puddings, hairy marys (also known as London cheesecakes), spotted dick (although I'm not sure if dick is a term for pudding here, or the more normal use as an abbreviation for Richard...)

Hunters chicken, And nowadays, with so many celeb cooks and chefs about, lots of recipes are prefixed with their name... I did Nigellas ham in cherry coke, jamie's pork recipe etc...

nutcakes

Celery Victor, named for the San Francisco chef who invented it at the St. Francis Hotel.

Crab Louis

Coquilles St. Jacques

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Melba Toast - like Peach Melba named after Dame Nellie Melba

Hummusit

Shepard's pie, [Portuguese] fisherman's pie

Hummusit

Hamentaschen (=Haman's ears)

Bevi

Virgin Mary (a Bloody Mary without the vodka) Apple Charlotte, Beef Stroganoff

Panfusine

Melba toast & Peach Melba

seabirdskitchen

There's the ever popular cole's law (aka shredded cabbage salad!)