🔕 🔔

In the 1950's my grandmother made a Chocolate Macaroon cookie with four ingredients: egg whites,powdered sugar, coarse cracker crumbs, and 1 whole box of DOT chocolate. I have never been able to find DOT chocolate, who manufactured it, or the quantity in 1 whole box. Any ideas? All 21 of my cousins remember this cookie. Granny lived in Cleveland, Ohio so perhaps local?

asked by XXX XXXX about 7 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I just poked around a bit and I found several references to Baker's DOT chocolate, but they don't have it on their product website. Maybe you could contact them directly for information?

What I really love about drbab's answer and the photo is that I just learned that "Baker's Chocolate" is made by a company apparently founded by someone named Walter Baker!! Who would have known? How interesting! Thanks for posting this. ;o)