A question about a recipe: Watermelon and Goat Cheese Salad with a Verbena Infused Vinaigrette

I have a question about the ingredient "Handful of Fresh Verbena Leaves" on the recipe "Watermelon and Goat Cheese Salad with a Verbena Infused Vinaigrette" from loli. where can i find verbena leaves in new york city?

ellenl
ellenl July 30, 2011

I don't know about NYC specifically, but you can find lemon verbena where herb plants are sold.

ellenl
ellenl July 30, 2011

This recipe is SO good--once I had the verbena I used it over and over.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

iam latina, and we used verbena to make teas, it nver occur to me to use as a vinaigrette!

ejm
ejm July 31, 2011

Have not been living in NYC for a bit so can't suggest where to find it, Citarella might be a place to check or Union Sq greenmarket. It is probably worth pointing out that generally it only takes 7 requests for a product at a grocery store to have them stock a new product. So it might be worth your while to request from the fruit and veg manager in your local store to see if they can find it. I have seen it sold like basil etc. Good luck!