🔕 🔔

What is the best way to store cilantro?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 6 years ago

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

I usually remove the leaves from the stalks, wrap them in newspaper & place it into a ziploc. The stalks I chop up & freeze. comes in handy when you're out of the leafy part!

This is a great trick:
http://simplyrecipes.com...

0b360b64 877d 4742 8283 76f2c1197f7f  redsaurkraut

I got the Herb Saver as a wedding gift and I tested it versus the water in a glass in the fridge method. It actually does work much better (herbs last longer and taste fresher). But it is a single-purpose dodad and for me it only gets used in the non-growing months, but still, I kinda love it!

3b03d959 f47a 4150 b1e2 8d430ff8e709  capitol reef zion 2009 032

I fill a pint glass 1/2 way with H20 put the cilantro bunch in it and cover the top loosely with a food storage bag. lasts a couple weeks (I change out the water every couple days) Lasts about 2 weeks

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Sorry for the spam, everyone! We're still working to resolve this.