🔕 🔔

Has anyone ever made fried green tomatoes with green cherry tomatoes? Did it work?

asked by Lori Lyn Narlock about 6 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I have not, but I think the rounded skin side might prove to be a non-stick surface for the breading ... oh I assumed you meant halved, Whole ones - same thought - non-stick. Hmm ... maybe if you did a 4 stage breading station? milk -> flour -> egg -> breading ??? what's the worst thing that could happen? Fried crispy stuff and tomatoes!

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

They're a bit tiny. But I'm sure you could do it. When green tomatoes aren't available I use tomatillos.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

If you can't work with the breading, try sizzling them with butter/olive oil, lots of garlic and pepper. It works with red ones, so it should be workable with green too.