🔕 🔔

What would I do with textured vegetable protein?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

If you have the unflavored, granular TVP, you can use it where ground meat is called for. Usually you soak it first, in a seasoned liquid. I've been making a recipe from The Farm Cookbook for years. They call it spaghetti sauce, but I've modified it, and we use it as Sloppy Joe -- hearty and tasty.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I think it's pretty good in chili or vegie stews. (the kind with tomatoes, corn and lima beans)

Wholefoods user icon

For what it's worth, homemade seitan is yummier and can be served in soups, sandwiches, tomato sauce, nachos, etc.