What would I do with textured vegetable protein?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

If you have the unflavored, granular TVP, you can use it where ground meat is called for. Usually you soak it first, in a seasoned liquid. I've been making a recipe from The Farm Cookbook for years. They call it spaghetti sauce, but I've modified it, and we use it as Sloppy Joe -- hearty and tasty.

I think it's pretty good in chili or vegie stews. (the kind with tomatoes, corn and lima beans)

a Whole Foods Market Customer

For what it's worth, homemade seitan is yummier and can be served in soups, sandwiches, tomato sauce, nachos, etc.