A question about a recipe: GREEN CHILI, CHICKEN, POSOLE SOUP

7824761e 6db0 432f bc80 6db0e7a0d007  food52 05 08 12 7938

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "GREEN CHILI, CHICKEN, POSOLE SOUP" from dymnyno. It says:

"In a blender, put the sauteed onions, the garlic cloves, about a third to half of the cooked posole, 3 tablespoons of fresh oregano, the peppers and 4 cups of the chicken stock and blend until smooth. (you may have to do a couple batches)"

I am embarrassed to have another question about posole. Do you strain the liquid from the cooked posole and/or use it with the chicken stock?

asked by SKK over 7 years ago

dymnyno

Posole sometimes cooks almost dry and sometimes not. I drain the liquid if there is a lot left.

Thank you! I am making this recipe right now and the smells are incredible. I am in love!