A question about a recipe: Roasted Broccoli with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette and Marcona Almonds

F6aec247 f3fa 4f17 a56f 5f829ffae9ca  011910f 502

I have a question about the ingredient "head of broccoli, cut into florets" on the recipe "Roasted Broccoli with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette and Marcona Almonds" from arielleclementine.
I'd like to know what size florets, if you include some stem, and if you layer the baking sheet with parchment or don't recommend for the browning effect?

asked by Eatdrinkpurr over 7 years ago

I looked at the photo closely, and the florets look to be bite-sized with stem. Parchment paper will still allow the broccoli to brown. When I roast broccoli and cauliflower I use a glass baking dish so I can turn them more easily.

Eatdrinkpurr

Never thought about using glass to roast cauli or broc, thinking they wouldn't caramelize as well. But will try next time, because when I use a sheet pan, it stains it a little more every time. I checked photo too, and if its not focusing on aesthetics, then I agree. thanks so much for answering my question! What an ADORABLE cat you have!!

arielleclementine

Hi! Thanks for making my recipe! I did intend the florets to be bite-sized with a bit of stem, but the florets could be larger or smaller, depending on your preference- just keep an eye on them when they're in the oven, and take them out when the tops are beginning to get crispy. I've never used parchment for this recipe, but I don't think it would hurt. I really hope you like it :)