🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Broccoli with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette and Marcona Almonds

F6aec247 f3fa 4f17 a56f 5f829ffae9ca  011910f 502

I have a question about the ingredient "head of broccoli, cut into florets" on the recipe "Roasted Broccoli with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette and Marcona Almonds" from arielleclementine.
I'd like to know what size florets, if you include some stem, and if you layer the baking sheet with parchment or don't recommend for the browning effect?

asked by Eatdrinkpurr about 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I looked at the photo closely, and the florets look to be bite-sized with stem. Parchment paper will still allow the broccoli to brown. When I roast broccoli and cauliflower I use a glass baking dish so I can turn them more easily.

8f586d2c deff 4b9b a54d 2de3a4faa2a0  img 1947

Never thought about using glass to roast cauli or broc, thinking they wouldn't caramelize as well. But will try next time, because when I use a sheet pan, it stains it a little more every time. I checked photo too, and if its not focusing on aesthetics, then I agree. thanks so much for answering my question! What an ADORABLE cat you have!!

3fdd943e 2b86 46c7 b573 b038b89b9d6f  henrykiss

Hi! Thanks for making my recipe! I did intend the florets to be bite-sized with a bit of stem, but the florets could be larger or smaller, depending on your preference- just keep an eye on them when they're in the oven, and take them out when the tops are beginning to get crispy. I've never used parchment for this recipe, but I don't think it would hurt. I really hope you like it :)