🔕 🔔

Sherry Vinegar Substitute - Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar?

F6aec247 f3fa 4f17 a56f 5f829ffae9ca  011910f 502

This is a long shot that I'll get an answer in time, because the broccoli is roasting in the oven right now & I'll be tossing it with the vinegar in 10 minutes. I know both are acceptable subs, but was wondering if anyone would recommend one over the other? I'm making this recipe:

asked by Phoenix Helix over 6 years ago

7d2e9fbe d94b 4831 9a41 e7e53d9676f8  img 0061

I'd go 50:50 on this one. To my taste sherry vinegar has some of that aged flavor, kind of like balsamic, but is also generally lighter bodied and somewhat brighter, like red wine. I've never tried it, though.

3fdd943e 2b86 46c7 b573 b038b89b9d6f  henrykiss

thanks for making my recipe! i think prettyPeas is right on the money- sherry vinegar is pretty mild, but not quite as sweet as balsamic- i think the combo would be pretty good! let us know how it turns out!

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

You guys were quick on the draw. Thank you so much! Delicious Recipe, Arielle. I'd never had Marcona Almonds before. They're addictive! For every one I added to the Broccoli, I popped another in my mouth.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I know you were fine, no matter what your choice. But if you get a chance, try some sherry vinegar. It's one of my main favorites.

0337e045 7f1c 48a8 8aaa 65ec9ac96b5d  jeani photo 160 size from blog delightfulrepast

I don't always have sherry vinegar on hand, but I always have red wine vinegar and dry sherry; so I would use equal parts of those. I think that would give you a result pretty close to sherry vinegar.