A question about a recipe: Tortino al Cioccolato

I have a question about the recipe "Tortino al Cioccolato" from Sasa Stucin. In the photo, the tortino is in a pool of what? custard? It makes such a nice contrast on the plate.

asked by mcpkrp over 7 years ago

I believe it's situated on a pool of vanilla sauce.

Check out Sasa Stucin's comment on the recipe page:

Sasa Stucin
about 1 year ago
While writing the recipe, I couldn't help myself but to actually make the cakes. However, because I had no chocolate left I replaced it with a vanilla sauce. This a gorgeous dessert and is definitely one of my favorites and takes hardly any time all, twenty minutes from start to the perfect cupcake. I honestly recommend everyone try it.
Reply to this
Sasa Stucin
about 1 year ago
PS If you prefer vanilla sauce over chocolate glaze I would recommend this one by Cubo. Cream egg yolks (3) and sugar (25 g). Add milk (240 ml) and mix. Put the mixture in a saucepan. Whisk in cornstarch (2 tsp). While stirring, slowly heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Stir for another 2 minutes. Pour through a stainer, add vanilla extract (1 tsp) and Amaretto Di Saronno liqueur (1 tbsp), and let cool to room temperature. Store in covered container in refrigerator. .

Sasa and Jan

Yes indeed, it is a vanilla sauce.