🔕 🔔

How long do pinto beans need to soak?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

4 hours - but you can soak them overnight if that's easier.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I don't soak pinto beans, I boil them for about 3 minutes and take off burner and let them sit for an hour and then cook.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

FYI, the quick soak that SKK describes is great, and makes the timeline manageable. I once put beans on in the morning, got them boiling and left for work. By the time I remembered, hours later, and drove the 2 miles home, the house was full of smoke, the heavy pot had fused to the burner, and -- obviously -- the beans were charcoal. The burner could be saved but the pot could not, and I'm just lucky I didn't burn the house down! So be sure you follow step 2, 'take off burner.' We had something else for dinner.