Will plain almond milk work as a substitue for half and half in a corn & chanterelle mushroom bisque recipe?

Recipe calls for 2 cups. half and half. My friend is vegan and I would like to make this recipe for him!

asked by Betsy Critchfield over 7 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I think all almond milk would be too thin. Half almond milk would be great. You could consider using the coconut cream from coconut milk or thinned silkened tofu to add some thickness.

It might be a bit thin, but you could fix that with a potato cooked and pureed with the vegetables - works well as a thickener in creamy soups.

Betsy Critchfield

I think the almond/coconut cream combo is brillant! Thanks!