Will plain almond milk work as a substitue for half and half in a corn & chanterelle mushroom bisque recipe?

Recipe calls for 2 cups. half and half. My friend is vegan and I would like to make this recipe for him!

asked by Betsy Critchfield about 7 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I think all almond milk would be too thin. Half almond milk would be great. You could consider using the coconut cream from coconut milk or thinned silkened tofu to add some thickness.

It might be a bit thin, but you could fix that with a potato cooked and pureed with the vegetables - works well as a thickener in creamy soups.

Betsy Critchfield

I think the almond/coconut cream combo is brillant! Thanks!

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad

What's New in the Neighborhood

The four pasta dishes every Roman cook should know.

4 Classic Roman Pastas