A question about a recipe: Summer Corn Pudding

2fb29e2b a6d1 4074 8599 9389bbad0429  080911 137

I have a question about the ingredient "all-purpose flour" on the recipe "Summer Corn Pudding" from Lizthechef.

Greetings, LtC! About to make this seductive corn custard, but I am worried about adding the flour straight in the mix without a quick saute in the butter/green onion mix. Echoes of Julia on flour roux: "Cook until it loses its floury taste"...

I'm sure you'd have specked this if you meant it, but is it a trouble?

asked by marynn over 7 years ago

Lizthechef

It has not been a problem for me - just whisk it into the custard.

marynn

Thank you for the brisk response! I trusted you and made it your way. You clearly seem to know what you are doing and then some. : D Added a bit of espelette pepper and resisted my Minnesotan urge to add more cheese...

Lizthechef

I understand the cheese urge - married to a Wisconsin "Cheesehead" ;)