🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Farmer's Market Peach Crumb Pie

53ff25e0 176a 40b6 a14e 2664b92ffecd  piepics 036

I have a question about the ingredient "cinnamon" on the recipe "Farmer's Market Peach Crumb Pie" from ashley_samuel_pierson.

Isn't 1\4 cup an awful lot of cinnamon? Also, how come so much sugar?

asked by ellenj about 6 years ago

15e23675 44ea 4ae1 80be cb0741acd112  ehanhan4

So... from baking a lot and glancing at other measurements, I'm going to assume it was a mistaken click. That should be 1/4 teaspoon, not 1/4 cup.

Yes, that is what I figured, BUT proofreading a recipe before posting is important.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I just looked over the recipe and noticed it calls for 3 1/4 cups of sugar which is a huge amount of sugar for 5 peaches. Maybe Ashley will see this and make adjustments its possible she meant 3/4 cup sugar and we know its 1/4 tsp cinammon.

Ec6c47b5 e300 4a26 b2c9 cd557945caa9  image

Hi Ellenj,
Yes, it was just clicked on wrong, I made the corrections. Yes, I did proofread, but it still was missed. Sometimes it's just one of those days! Sorry about the mistake.
Thanks for the input!!

It happens to all of us, I left the main ingredient out of the list of ingredients and proof read the recipe multiple times. The pie sounds absolutely delicious!

Thanks sdebrango,
That honestly makes me feel much better! Have a great night, and again, thanks for the kind words!!
Ashley

Hi ashley_samuel_pierson, While I was asking ingredient questions, my husband was actually baking the pie. He made the crust using his favorite recipe, he is the pie baker in the house, but made your peach filling and topping. The pie is delicious.

Ellenj,
I am so glad you enjoyed it!