🔕 🔔

? about a recipe: Peach Tart - Other Fruit to Use?

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

Made this and loved it with the peaches. What other fruits do you think would work well with this recipe? All stone fruits - as long as they're really ripe??

asked by anntruelove over 6 years ago

Yes, any stone fruits should work. I'd try blueberries as well.

PeterBeynon

I think, now that peach season is over, I will try it with apples. I did bake one with peaches this weekend, but even after adding extra flour to the filling, it was too soggy. Next summer I will try the peaches again, but I will double the amount of flour in the filling. (Incidentally, I prebaked the tart pastry, using the wonderful browned butter recipe from David Lebovitz.) When I baked the crust for the peach tart, I had enough pastry left over to make a single-serving tart. After the crust had baked and cooled, I filled with a variation of a chocolate pot de creme recipe from Craig Claiborne. It was awesome.)

I used thinly sliced pears and it was fabulous.

rapearson

I'm about to try it with fresh strawberries.