A question about a recipe: Peach Cobbler

8140b15e b3d7 4bae 878c f747853e6879  peach

I have a question about the recipe "Peach Cobbler" from marynn. Is there any kind leavening added to the topping? we're getting entirely different results-- doesn't look anything like your photo. In your cobbler, it looks like the topping was a kind of dough that involved some leavening. Ours looks good (haven't tasted it yet, still baking) but our topping looks more like crumbles and less delicious dough-looking like yours.

asked by FeralVermonter over 7 years ago

marynn

FeralVermonter, no, I do not use leavening; it's one of the reasons the top isn't doughy which I like. What I find, however, is if the peaches are really juicy, the top sort of sinks down in the filling like a tasty iceberg. Did you use all the butter? (I know...) and did you drizzle the butter on after you had sprinkled the topping on the peaches?

In any event, thank you for trying it and I truly hope you enjoyed it!

FeralVermonter

We did: it's already et and gone. Thank you for the recipe.