I picked up two whole boneless trouts for dinner...and now I can't decide what to do with them. Any favorite trout recipes out there?

asked by Rivka almost 8 years ago

My favorite: trout meuniere--saute the trout in browned butter, lemon Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with toasted almonds or chopped toasted pecans. Finish with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.

thirschfeld

Pan seared trout with some brown butter , caramelized shallots and ham.

anyone

Both of these would be great but I just had to add: brown butter and sage w/ S&P. I have great trout fishing right out my back door and this by far my favorite thing to do in cast iron in the fireplace.

Rivka

These all sound great. I love the addition of sage, but I have all the ingredients for the meuniere at home so meuniere it is.

thirschfeld

That New Orleans style meuniere is great. DonnyG I have to agree on the cast iron. Like to fly fish a little myself.

Oh, I hope it's great. And, Rivka, congratulations! Shouldn't you be on your honeymoon?

Bevi

Trout meuniere with lemon zest and toasted almonds and parsley

Rivka

Thanks drbabs! We're waiting till winter -- thinkin' Argentina.

askann

Bacon, sage and perhaps some walnuts too.

anyone

@Thirschfeld-Were coming up on steelhead season in Oregon!