🔕 🔔

I picked up two whole boneless trouts for dinner...and now I can't decide what to do with them. Any favorite trout recipes out there?

asked by Rivka almost 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

My favorite: trout meuniere--saute the trout in browned butter, lemon Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with toasted almonds or chopped toasted pecans. Finish with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

Pan seared trout with some brown butter , caramelized shallots and ham.

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

Both of these would be great but I just had to add: brown butter and sage w/ S&P. I have great trout fishing right out my back door and this by far my favorite thing to do in cast iron in the fireplace.

4d625ded d965 42c7 b1ee ec9d7dc7fb4e  profilepic

These all sound great. I love the addition of sage, but I have all the ingredients for the meuniere at home so meuniere it is.

That New Orleans style meuniere is great. DonnyG I have to agree on the cast iron. Like to fly fish a little myself.

Oh, I hope it's great. And, Rivka, congratulations! Shouldn't you be on your honeymoon?

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Trout meuniere with lemon zest and toasted almonds and parsley

Thanks drbabs! We're waiting till winter -- thinkin' Argentina.

Bacon, sage and perhaps some walnuts too.

@Thirschfeld-Were coming up on steelhead season in Oregon!