A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

Amanda, I made this with peaches and FELL IN LOVE. I have some really nice raspberries at home. Do you think this would work with them? Would you make any changes for the berries?

asked by Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker) about 7 years ago

One of the comments (by witloof) under the recipe talks about using raspberries with cornstarch added. I'm sure you could combine raspberries and peaches w/o otherwise altering the recipe, too.

Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)

Thanks hardlikearmour! I did notice that comment. I was hoping to get some exact instructions or proportions... but I might just 'take the leap' and try it myself. I guess I could find a raspberry pie filling and use those proportion.

You could try sending a message to witloof, and see if you can get an answer back. I'd probably start with a tablespoon cornstarch or grate a granny smith apple and add it instead (pectin makes a nice pie thickener w/o adding extra gumminess.) Please report back on your results!

Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)

So I tried this with raspberries and peaches this weekend. I laid some grated green apple on the crust and then made a border of two rows of raspberries (which I had tossed with a bit of cornstarch). I filled the center with peaches. It was lovely and delicious.