🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

Amanda, I made this with peaches and FELL IN LOVE. I have some really nice raspberries at home. Do you think this would work with them? Would you make any changes for the berries?

asked by Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker) about 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

One of the comments (by witloof) under the recipe talks about using raspberries with cornstarch added. I'm sure you could combine raspberries and peaches w/o otherwise altering the recipe, too.

13186838 7c56 4afa 9752 003992d0b080  rivki locker small

Thanks hardlikearmour! I did notice that comment. I was hoping to get some exact instructions or proportions... but I might just 'take the leap' and try it myself. I guess I could find a raspberry pie filling and use those proportion.

You could try sending a message to witloof, and see if you can get an answer back. I'd probably start with a tablespoon cornstarch or grate a granny smith apple and add it instead (pectin makes a nice pie thickener w/o adding extra gumminess.) Please report back on your results!

So I tried this with raspberries and peaches this weekend. I laid some grated green apple on the crust and then made a border of two rows of raspberries (which I had tossed with a bit of cornstarch). I filled the center with peaches. It was lovely and delicious.

6c020cda b4f3 4205 8073 9251b646538a  raspberry peach tart 7s