🔕 🔔

Converting a bundt cake recipe to a brownie-esque recipe...

I have a recipe for a rum bundt cake that I really love and thought it would be interesting to try and make it into a brownie-like recipe. I've tried this once and the cake was too cakey, so I am looking for some tips on how to make the recipe more dense instead of fluffy. Thank you!

asked by modz9636 almost 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Can you post the recipe?

It's similar to this one http://allrecipes.com/Recipe...

I don't know how much I can alter the recipe since it is a mix, but maybe if I did it from scratch...

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Here is a link to a hot buttered rum blondies recipe from epicurious ...

http://www.epicurious.com...

The cake mix explains the problem you're having. Cake mixes are designed to be light and fluffy, and oil gives cake a more open crumb and more moistness (than butter) in my experience. I think wssmom is on the right track, but I have a few concerns about that recipe--it's from "a reader," so you don't know if it's been tested. And the first line calls for "17 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter," but 2 sticks are 16 tablespoons, so there's an error right there. You might be better off with this recipe from King Arthur: http://www.epicurious.com...
because at least you know that the recipe was tested. Good luck--please let us know what happens.

Thank you both for your help!