A question about a recipe: Grilled Lamb Chops with Green Garlic Chimichurri and Mashed Sweet Potatoes

57f15a5b 3e0d 4163 b343 c7a827db8cbe  003

I have a question about the ingredient "stems of green garlic" on the recipe "Grilled Lamb Chops with Green Garlic Chimichurri and Mashed Sweet Potatoes" from aargersi.

What is this and where do I find it??

asked by Dot1 almost 7 years ago

Green garlic, or young garlic, comes out in the springtime -- this time of year, you could substitute scallion stems.

Dot1

by scallion stems do you mean the green tops? Could I use chives??

Yes, the green tops. Chives would work well too -- I'd use a little more of them to compensate for the fact that they're smaller.

Dot1

thank you - I can't believe how quickly you responded - this site rocks!!

We try our best!

I am late to the party but - what Merrill said :-)