🔕 🔔

Last year I couldn't find shiso so this year I grew some from seed. Now I have so much I want to save some for winter.

Any ideas how to preserve some shiso? Driying? Freezing? Thanks!

asked by healthierkitchen almost 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Check this out http://www.justhungry.com...

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Shiso leaves are traditionally found with pickled ginger, so you could try using that technique. The recipe in Seductions of Rice (Alford and Duguid), p. 203, looks right. (I used www.eatyourbooks.com to find it on my own shelf, and, since they now index food52, found that there are recipes here using shiso -- worth a search.) You probably know that shiso is also (in English) called perilla.