🔕 🔔

Can frozen tomato sauce be canned?

I wanted to can my tomato sauce, but didn't have enough time to get it all together before the tomato rotted. I froze the sauce and it's taking up the majority of room in my freezer. I was wondering if I thawed it, re-cooked it and then canned it would it be good?

asked by Francescap about 6 years ago

8c848bd6 b952 44c4 93c3 bc8465a6fd74  phone 176

I don't see why not. You're not trying to preserve the structural integrity of the tomato. As long as it's not freezer burned, I think you'll be safe.

Wholefoods user icon

I totally agree with Chef Krull...as long as there is not freezer burn it is fine.
Take a look at this link to see how you should can your tomato sauce, especially for high altitude
http://www.ext.colostate...