A question about a recipe: Ribollita. Are the cannellini beans supposed to be drained before putting them in the soup?

Ec104e61 6a12 4305 a3fa d7f5b80b1b04  image 2

I have a question about the ingredient "(1 can) cannellini beans" on the recipe "Ribollita" from la domestique.

asked by lilbigs2001 about 7 years ago

la domestique

Yes. I prefer to drain and rinse the beans before adding them to the soup.

lilbigs2001

Thank you so much la domestique! :D

la domestique

No problem! :)

I always drain and rinse. You know how gummy the liquid can be that comes out of any color can of beans going into anything? Ick. Rinse it away. Because many of us are simply not so perfect that we always soak, drain, rinse, and cook our own beans. Especially for a small amount. There is a good reason some things were invented.