Making cookies that require parchment lined baking sheets. Making two batches. Do I have to change the parchment between batches?

asked by cheese1227 almost 8 years ago

SpecialSka

I use parchment for granola, and I do change sheets for each batch. But I don't think you have to if the parchment is still intact. In fact, I'm going to try re-using, which means I will have to be more careful.

Sadassa_Ulna

No! You can definitely re-use the parchment paper. If you see droplets of oil/butter wipe it with a clean towel, same advice if you see brown bits of cookie. You can even wipe down when you are done and re-use another day; the paper starts to get brown and brittle after many uses.

gigiaxline

I've re-used parchment paper when baking cookies without issue.

cheese1227

Thanks folks! I'm off to bake my cookies now.

Mr_Vittles

As long as you wipe the parchment paper clean after each batch you should not have any problems as the silicon is impregnated inside the paper and not the outside of it.

takeanonion

turn the paper over