🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crispy Cream-Braised Potatoes and Fennel

Eb9a1506 a0e0 489a 8a18 3a25677721b9  100411 food52 0304

I have a question about the ingredient "3 yukon gold potatoes (about 1.5 pounds) – peeled and cut into irregular 1.5" to 2" chunks" on the recipe "Crispy Cream-Braised Potatoes and Fennel" from EmilyC.
I have a bag of Russet potatoes in the house and everything else I need to make your dish now. Do you think it's worth making or wait until I have some Yukon Gold potatoes. Congrats!

asked about 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Russets are not quite as creamy as yukon golds...I would say you can decide how much you value potato creaminess. Russets certainly would perform better here than, say, red potatoes, so you're not 100% off :)

Dcca139f 78d5 41a3 b57b 6d6c96424a1c  img 7818

I agree with Jessica here. If I were you, I'd use the russets and save myself a trip to the store! I think they'll work just fine! I often have russets on hand and wouldn't hesitate to use them for this dish. Hope you enjoy -- and please report back on how they work!

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Thanks. I need to use the fennel today before it turns. I will definetly report back. Great recipe!!!