🔕 🔔

dried garlic in oil does it need refrigeration?

I always like to add boiling water to dried garlic granules then put them in oil. Does it need refrigeration? Since it is not fresh garlic. Just curious because I have read a lot of questions and answers here and they are all for fresh garlic.

asked by Derek over 3 years ago

7eaa4b74 4ea8 48a9 9067 c0aa2e0b5c3d  img 0788 hsm

I've read that the risks are the same for dried as with fresh... I'd err on the safe side and refrigerate it.

201fd935 edcb 4a2f ae7f 76356e2ff648  fb avatar

Why not mince up a bag of garlic cloves, gently heat in olive oil in a pan until the oil takes on some of the garlic flavor (but don't let it brown) then pour all into a jar for the fridge? Great for flavoring sautes...